Everyone is preparing the huge Christmas dinner, right?
Menu planning, grocery shopping, decorating dinner table, selecting your outfit, cooking… And what about Christmas breakfast?
It’s exhausting but fun!
These pancakes are the perfect option for chocolate lovers…
Guess which was my pancake topping? Again PB and banana! My favorite!
Chocolate Pancakes: 7 pancakes of 13 cm diameter
- 210g low fat milk
- 200g dark chocolate
- 65g all-purpose flour
- 65g whole grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 100g low fat greek yogurt (0% fromage blanc in Luxembourg)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (first time cooking with this and loved it!)
- Extra butter for cooking.
- Melt chocolate with milk in a sauce pan at low temperature. Set aside.
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder and salt.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a small bowl until the mixture looks even.
- Add chocolate to wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ones and mix them with the help of a spatula. The mixture will be thick.
- Set a grill pan at medium temperature and rub a little bit of butter.
- Add mixture enough to form a layer in the grill pan (use the back of a spoon for spreading the mixture if it’s necessary).
- Cook for about 2 minutes (the appearance of air bubbles will tell when it’s ready).
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden for about 2 minutes.
- When pancakes are done, serve!
Serving: 1 pancake
Total Fat (g): 11.8
Carbohydrates (g): 37.5
Protein (g): 6.3