I’ve never baked or tasted these cookies before… And I love ginger!
What a waste of time!
This situation couldn’t keep going, so I decided to make Kristin’s recipe from The Pastry Affair because I’ve been reading her blog forever and it was about time to make one of her recipes.
I loved these cookies so much that I won’t wait till next Christmas to bake them again! They go great with coffee, so I’m thinking to have them in my storeroom permanently for breakfast… But maybe with a different cookie cutter 🙂
I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Gingerbread Man Cookies: 30 cookies (my cookie cutter is 6cm x 5cm)
Half of recipe from The Pastry Affair
- 57g butter
- 32g dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 small egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 188g all-purpose flour
- Mix butter and sugar in a stand mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add molasses, the egg, spices and salt.
- Add flour slowly until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven at 175ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to 0.5mm thick in a lightly floured surface and cut the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (as mine were small, 8 minutes were enough).
- Let cool and store them in an air proof container.
Serving: 1 cookie
Total Fat (g): 1.7
Carbohydrates (g): 8.4
Protein (g): 0.8