I have a book. A French Bakery book.
I’d like to hug it all the time.
I have a visual obsession with it!
My mom and uncle gave me the book À la mère de famille and since then I’ve wanted to taste all those beautiful sweets!
Everything looks so elegant and delicate that I’ve been afraid of making a recipe but finally, I decided for this one just because I’m in love with the combination of colors!
The result was astonishing! I haven’t made a cookie like this before. The powdered sugar played an important roll in the delicateness of texture and the taste is incredibly good.
Make yourself a treat for New Year’s Eve and see how everybody will fall in love with these fantastic cookies!
Happy New Year!
I will take some days off to enjoy my family, so talk to you in a couple of weeks!
Chocolate Pistachio Cookies: 50 cookies (4cm diameter)
Recipe from Julien Merceron
- 220g butter
- 80g powdered sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 30g cacao powder
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 70g pistachios
- Cream butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer.
- Add the egg until combined.
- Mix in flour and cacao powder.
- Fold pistachios with the help of a spatula.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer for one hour.
- Preheat oven at 190ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to 0.5mm thick in a lightly floured surface and cut the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool and store them in an air proof container.
Serving: 1 cookie
Total Fat (g): 4.4
Carbohydrates (g): 6.4
Protein (g): 1.1