I know… Pumpkin again. But we still have some pumpkin leftovers to get advantage of, right?
I had some pumpkin puree and heavy cream in the fridge and old bread in the pantry. Hard as rock!
This combination only led me to one direction: pumpkin bread pudding.
This recipe is great to use whatever you have on hand. Feel free to use any add-in you want like white or dark chocolate chips or nuts.
Pumpkin Spice Fudge Bread Pudding: 4 ramequins
- 125g pumpkin puree
- 120ml heavy cream
- 60ml low fat milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 55g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 80g (4 cups) stale cubed bread
- 75g fudge cubes + more for topping (optional)
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, heavy cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Add cubed bread and combine until the wet mixture covers it all.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for half an hour.
- Grease the ramequins with butter.
- Preheat oven at 175ºC.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge, add the fudge cubes (or any other add-in of your choice) and mix them with a spatula.
- Put the mixture in the ramequins with a spoon and add extra fudge cubes in the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
They are amazing while still warm.
Serving: 1 ramequin
Total Fat (g): 15.1
Carbohydrates (g): 35.9
Protein (g): 5.4