I know I’m not the only one out there looking for the perfect chocolate cake recipe.
We all have our preferences. Even though chocolate cakes are not my kind of thing, I know that a good one has to be soft, moist, with an intense chocolate flavor and with a nice dark color.
This combination is not easy to accomplish at all!
The past weekend I made this recipe. It’s super spongy, moist and the color is beautiful. We loved everything about it but the truth is that the flavor could have been more intense.
I’m sure that a chocolate frosting could have improved the intensity of flavor but I don’t want to use any shortcut to achieve the perfect cake. I really want to achieve the perfect chocolate cake by itself, without disguises!
I intend to use this recipe as a base to create “the one”.
Stay tuned! 😉
Extraordinarily Dark Chocolate Cake: one bundt cake
Recipe adapted from El Rincón de Bea
- 350g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150ml water
- 60g unsweetened cacao powder (I used Dutch processed)
- 250g butter room temperature
- 375g sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 240ml buttermilk
- 80g high quality dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- Grease your bundt pan with butter or oil.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Boil water in the microwave or stove and add cacao powder. Whisk until the mix looks even without lumps.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy with electric mixer, for about 3 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time at medium-high speed. Each egg must be completely combined before adding the other.
- Add one third of the flour mixture and mix at low speed. Add one half of buttermilk and keep mixing. Continue alternating ingredients finishing with flour.
- Combine cacao paste and chopped chocolate. Use a spatula to make sure that the batter doesn’t have white spots.
- Pour the batter in the bundt pan and bake for about 55-60 minutes.
You can serve the cake with ice cream and/or salted caramel.
Total Fat (g): 18.2
Carbohydrates (g): 45.4
Protein (g): 5.1