If you feel the same way as I do, there is a ridiculously easy way to avoid wasting those little treasures: roast them and consume as…
topping for salads or soups or…
add-in cookies and bars!
I roasted them with olive oil, honey and salt but you can be as creative as you want, skiping the honey, adding some pepper or any other spice of your choice.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Wash the pumpkin seeds and get rid of the remaining pumpkin.
- Let dry the seeds in a strainer, preferably over night. Don’t use a paper towel because the seeds will stick to it.
- Preheat oven at 175ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the seeds with olive oil, honey and salt and moist all seeds with your fingertips.
- Bake for about an hour.
- Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- Keep them in an air-proof container.
Total Fat (g): 5.5
Carbohydrates (g): 2.6
Protein (g): 3.0