Avocados have such a delicate timing.
You have to constantly check on them because when it’s time to eat them, it’s time. That’s it.
Last week I had two of them in their perfect moment. I used one for salad but with the other one… I wanted to indulge myself with it.
After making these High Protein Cookie Dough Bites I’ve fallen in love with Erin’s blog.
I can’t stop looking around the blog and wanting to eat absolutely everything! I’m amazed by her ability to turn recipes into more healthy options and still really satisfy sweet cravings.
So, I picked this smoothie recipe to use my eat-me-now avocado and I’ve made it twice since then:
- Once for breakfast, which was great because it really kept me full until lunch.
- Once for snack, in which case the recipe yields two small smoothies. However, I drank the whole thing!
This is better than regular chocolate milkshake!
Chocolate Smoothie: 1 big smoothie / 2 small smoothies
Recipe adapted from Texanerin (almost the same, just a little less thick)
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 100g vanilla Greek yogurt
- Low fat milk enough to get your preferred consistency (I used about ¼ cup)
- Put the frozen banana in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add the avocado, cacao powder and Greek yogurt and blend again until the texture is even.
- Add milk until you get the consistency you desire.
Serving: 1 big smoothie / 2 small smoothies
Total Fat (g): 15.5
Carbohydrates (g): 52.9
Protein (g): 13.8