This is what I call a balanced kinda lunch.
These Cookie Dough Bites are all about chocolate chips, peanut butter and… Chickpeas!
Don’t stop reading!
The truth is that, when I found these bites in Erin’s blog (Texanerin Baking) I had to make sure that I understood the recipe and I checked the meaning of chickpea in the dictionary.
Since I had a chickpea can in my pantry but I’m tired of chickpea summer salads, making these Cookie Dough Bites sounded much more attractive.
In order to have an impartial judge I kept the secret ingredient well hidden from my husband and when I asked him to guess which secret ingredient he wasn’t even close to chickpeas!
We loved these Bites, especially when they were still warm after coming out from the oven.
Nice snack before or after training 🙂
High Protein Cookie Dough Bites: 25 bites
- 300g canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and dry
- 165g homemade peanut butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 80g honey (use agave syrup for vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt in case the peanut butter you use doesn’t have salt.
- 90g chocolate chips (use the proper brand for vegan version)
- Preheat oven at 175ºC.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in the food processor scraping the sides of the processor container as necessary until the dough looks even.
- Fold chocolate chips with the help of a spatula.
- Form balls with your hands (you can wet your hands to form the balls easily) of about 1 tablespoon and put them in the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
The results may be not the prettiest one but they are delicious and healthy!
Serving: 1 bite
Total Fat (g): 4.5
Carbohydrates (g): 8.9
Protein (g): 2.4