I don’t want to discourage you with this post but, even though some warm days have return, summer is almost over.
I’m calling this: the end of summertime.
In addition to summarize my favorite treats of the season, I wanted to announce that I have been adding the basic nutritional facts to all the recipes that I’ve published. I’m not a nutrition expert but they are a fair estimation for those of you who are interested in this kind of information.
Here are my summer favorites with no particular order… They were all delicious in their own way.
If you haven’t try them… I suggest you do!
- Grilled Peaches. Grilling will turn not-very-good-peaches into very good ones, and good peaches into great ones! This is an option for breakfast, lunch or dinner… It’s your call!
- Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter “Ice Cream”. Even though this isn’t a real ice cream, the texture is unbelievably similar. This is one of my favorite combinations of flavors and it was my snack #1 to cool down during unbearable hot afternoons.
- Nut Butters. They’re not only delicious but also nutritious. These butters have made my breakfasts much more fulfilling. I’m now a nut butter addict 🙂
- Coconut & Berries Ice Cream. Its freshness not only because it’s “iced” but because of the combination of summer-tropical flavors still amazes me!
- Oatmeal Bars. They are a healthy and easy-to-carry snack for long car rides.
- Overnight Oats. A fresh way to keep having powerful high fiber breakfast in summer… Of course, adding a spoon of nut butter and some fruits of the season.
These are some pictures of my summer getaways in Luxembourg, Amsterdam and Strasbourg.
The cool little guy with the sunglasses is our 2-year-old nephew who was good enough to bear a long road trip with us (with the help of a tablet with movies) and the other handsome guy at the bottom is my hubby 🙂
Have a nice weekend!