I like deadlines.
This is the first time in my life that I don’t have an office routine and, in order to avoid feeling like loosing my time, I need schedules and tasks lists more than ever.
These tasks lists become longer and more complex when I’m planning holidays. This is my way to feel free of duties and be able to fully enjoy those days.
This weekend my mom and my uncle are coming to visit us!
I’m so excited…. And busy!
Perfect timing for foolproof recipes.
Remember last week’s peanut butter & chocolate spread? It was transformed into 10-minute bars! This is an easy and fast way to have a nice, rich snack.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Granola Bars: 12 bars 3cm x 4cm
- 120g peanut butter & chocolate spread
- 30g peanut butter
- 30g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 40g whole wheat flour
- 70g old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (use almond, oat or soy milk for vegan version)
- 60g chocolate chips (optional)
- Additional peanut butter for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven at 170ºC. Line a baking pan (mine was 12cm x 12cm) with parchment paper.
- Mix peanut butter & chocolate spread, peanut butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed. If you don’t have peanut butter & chocolate spread, just blend in the processor 100g of peanut butter and 50g of chocolate chips.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix the baking soda, salt, flour and oats.
- Add milk slowly in a steady stream.
- Fold chocolate chips in case you want to add them.
- Put the dough in the baking pan and press with your fingers until it is even.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Get the big square out of the baking pan and cut bars on your preferred form and size.
- If you wish, you can melt about 30g of peanut butter to garnish the bars.
- Keep them in an air proof container in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1 bar (3cmx4cm)
Total Fat: 6.0g