Chocolate bites for Christmas in August? It seems like a misunderstanding, but it isn’t. These bites are worth to be mentioned in this time of the year.
As I’m still feeling a little tired for getting my life back on track, I have been looking for healthy but energy booster snacks.
I found this recipe visiting Sally’s blog and I set the wheels in motion…
Little bites of heaven!
They are only sweetened by dates (no sugar added!) and peanuts give their thickness.
I thought these would be great for Christmas time (or any other holiday) because they’re not only delicious but also beautiful!
Raw Chocolate Energy Bites: around 20 bites
- 140g peanuts (I used salted)
- 100g seeded dates (about 14)
- 20g unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the dates in small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor (or blender) and blend for about 5 minutes, scrapping the sides as many times needed to get the ingredients near the blades.
- Form balls with 1 tablespoon of mixture by pressing it with your hands to make the dough more compact.
If you want, you can roll the bites in cacao powder. However, in my experience, after a few minutes of rolling the bites, the oil from the balls dampened the cacao powder.
Serving: 1 bite
Total Fat: 3.6g