Why is it that our muscles get use to laziness so quickly and find such a hard time getting fit? Two weeks of not-much-workout are enough for my body to relax and believe that I’m not exercising ever again!
Have you ever dreamed of running as hard as you can but your body is actually in slow motion? That’s my feeling in this week training.
My goal was to maintain my pre-vacation running routine. I have managed to do it but feeling at a really low battery level. This is the reason why today I decided to prepare an energy booster after my morning workout.
For total recovery, I suggest: drink the whole smoothie and have a little nap 🙂
Post Workout Smoothie: 1 giant smoothie / 2 regular smoothies
- 250ml low fat milk (or almond milk for vegan version)
- 1 frozen banana (in pieces)
- 1 peach (peel them if you wish. I didn’t and those are the dark spots in my smoothie)
- 5 dates seeded (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons oats
- Blend all ingredients until there are no little pieces of fruit.
Serving: 1 regular smoothie
Total Fat: 0.8g