Some weeks ago I received a beautiful and inspiring mail from Janneke, a dear friend from Eindhoven who I met through my sister. In that mail, she recommended me a Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that she found years ago on the web and… Oh boy… I’ve wanted to try it so much!
As I’ve written on my last posts, lately I’ve been struggling with my oven and the humid-hot weather. However, it feels like today is the beginning of summer farewell in Luxembourg. We’ve had a fresh-cloudy day perfect for chocolate chip baking!
These cookies are truly amazing… The espresso powder intensifies the dark chocolate flavor and the white chocolate gives the perfect level of sweetness to the cookie. Ohhh… and the delicate cinnamon taste… They are soft and with a complex, but still, delicate flavor.
I made a mistake buying the white chocolate for these cookies because I tried to get a really good one and ended up with Lindt’s chocolate filled with white chocolate mousse. I believe that the cookies turned out nice, but next time, I will buy a hard standard white chocolate 😉
Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies: 12 cookies
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 70g “bruin basterdsuiker” (crumbly kind of wet-ish dark brown sugar)
- 45g cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 145g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 big teaspoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 egg
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- Preheat oven at 175ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate, one half into tiny pieces, the other half into bigger chunks.
- Cream the butter in an electric mixer.
- Add the sugars to the soft butter.
- Mix in everything else except the chocolate. Then add the chocolate.
- Place dollops of the mixture on the baking tray and leave space between them because they will spread. I made each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of mixture and left around 10 centimeters between each one of them.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, scrape the bowl and eat the leftover bits of cookie dough 🙂 (this was the exact instruction that Janneke gave me… And I did follow it!)
- Place the cookies on a wire rack to cook and then eat them all.
Thank you, Janneke… I did eat them all!!!
Serving: 1 cookie
Total Fat: 14.4g