Even though I’ve been chilling with some days of less hot weather, I’m still in the cold-easy-cooking mode.
My love for oatmeal is pretty obvious and it has become bigger and bigger since I live in four-season weathers. If I eat oatmeal in summer, I literaly start to sweat as soon as I taste the first spoon… Not nice at all!
Since I read how Robin from Knead to Cook (one of my favorite bloggers) makes overnight oats, my life changed. I made some changes based on an idea of my best friend. She blends bananas in water to substitute milk in the elaboration of the oatmeal! Thank you, Lorena!
No matter how hot the weather is, I can enjoy having oatmeal for breakfast because it’s not cooked, you just have to put it in the fridge during the night and let the magic happen.
This oatmeal is fresh and has lots of fiber… Love it!
Cold Oatmeal with Almond Butter, Banana and Raspberries: 2 oatmeal servings
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 7 tablespoons old fashion rolled oats
- 125g raspberries
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Stir the banana, the almond butter and the water in a blender.
- Put the liquid mix in a bowl, add the oats and give them a good whisk.
- Place the mixture in the fridge over night.
- Give another good whisk with a fork or spoon before serving.
- Serve with raspberries and sliced almonds (optional).
This recipe is very adaptable. You can make it with any other nut butter or any other berry.
Serving: 1 serving
Total Fat: 23.9g