How come I have never grilled peaches until now? I have to recover all the time that I’ve missed this! Seriously, I don’t know if I ever want to have peaches without grilling them ever again!
Grilling peaches rocks because: 1) it brings up a caramelized sweetness to the fruit similar to the sweet found in marmalades, and 2) it makes the grill marks in the fruit that are super stylish!
Next time I make a barbecue I’m going to grill all kinds of fruits. I’m sure this will bring me some good surprises 🙂
I used this peaches to make toast for brunch but they can be delighted with some vanilla ice cream as a dessert or just by themselves as a healthy snack.
Grilled Peaches Toasts (with goat cheese and mint): 2 servings – 2 toasts each
- 4 peaches
- 2 whole grain English muffins (or your favorite kind of bread)
- 80g goat cheese to spread
- Around 12 mint leaves
- Cut the peaches in slices.
- Set a grill (barbecue, electric grill or just a grill in the stove) in medium-high temperature.
- Grill each side of the peaches until they have the grill marks (about 2 minutes per side)
- Cut the English muffins in half and toast them.
- Spread the goat cheese. Feel free to add a more cheese but not too much more because it will hide the taste of peaches.
- Cut the mint leaves and put them on top of the cheese.
- Put the grilled peaches over the toast.
- Garnish with some extra little mint leaves.
I love this fresh, summery brunch!
Serving: 1 english muffin
Total Fat: 12.9g