Believe it or not, sometimes my sweet tooth transforms into a healthy tooth. I’m constantly craving for sweets but when I have guilty feelings, I start to crave healthy snacks. This should be a good thing for me, but usually guiltiness is not strong enough to induce me to make the healthy decision all the time.
Today I chose the nutritious option for breakfast with a content full of fiber, antioxidants, flavor and color :).
I was about to go for bananas to join the granola but today I really needed something more colorful to compensate the rainy weather during the last days here in Luxembourg.
You can try this granola with milk or yogurt and it is delicious! For vegan version, use almond or oat milk.
Granola with Berries: around 10 servings
Version adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 3 ¾ cups old fashion rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flax
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 mashed bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- As many berries you want to add on top of granola (or any other fruit)
- Preheat oven at 160ºC.
- Set a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix oats, ground flax, chopped nuts and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ones and mix with a spatula until all the oats are moistened.
- Spread the mixture in the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and stir.
- Bake other 15 minutes.
- Serve granola with the berries on top and you can add some milk or yogurt.
Enjoy it as a breakfast or as a snack!
Serving: 1 serving of about 70g
Total Fat: 12.9g