Congratulations to all runners who made the Luxembourg Marathon! These people are heroes… I mean it!
As many other “food lovers”, I like to run. I enjoy running but the real reason why I do it is to burn the extra calories that I always eat/drink. In fact, I’ve made two marathons and, don’t get me wrong, they were a huge challenge and two of the greatest things I’ve ever done… But they were two of the easiest ones in the world (Chicago and Berlin). On the contrary, the elevation profile of Luxembourg Marathon is terrifying! Normally, after running about 30K your body run out of glycogen and you start to feel exhausted. That’s what is called “hitting the wall”, because it feels literally like that. In kilometer 32K, the course of Luxembourg Marathon starts to ascend continuously until the end. This has to feel like running in hell!
This marathon was run yesterday night (yeah! It started at 19:00!) and I wanted to dedicate this simple but super-caloric chocolate malted milkshake to Luxembourg runners 🙂
Chocolate Malted Milkshake: 2 mini milkshakes / 1 regular milkshake
- 8 scoops of chocolate ice cream (you can also use vanilla ice cream)
- 8 tablespoons of chocolate malted powder (I used Ovaltine)
- 1 cup of milk (I used low fat)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender in the maximum speed until all ingredients are well combined and it looks creamy (with half a minute would do).
- Feel free to adjust the ingredients. Add ice cream if you prefer a denser milkshake.
Serving: 1 regular milkshake
Total Fat: 8.4g