Recently, I have acknowledged my true feelings for avocados. A couple of years ago I thought little of them. I thought they felt greasy and they had no flavor… How could I? Shame on me!
That’s a thing of the past. Today, I want to say to the all the avocados of the world: I am truly and profoundly in love with you! I really mean it! So much so that my husband is getting tired of them, not for jealousy :), but because we’re eating them like 4 times a week!
Maybe you’re asking to yourselves why am I making such a big deal for avocados. The reason is because they are the secret ingredient of today’s post… Yeah! That’s right! This is a chocolate mousse with avocado! Actually, this special fruit is the responsible for the all smoothness of this desert.
I’ve seen different recipes of this same mousse and they are all pretty similar, but I chose this one with vanilla extract, which I consider a most for almost every dessert.
Chocolate Mousse with Avocado: 2 mousses
- 1 avocado without peel and seed
- 15g unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons honey (agave or maple syrup for vegan version)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients in the food processor until smooth (3 minutes more or less).
- Adjust honey or syrup used for sweetening, as you desire.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Decorate as you wish… Or not at all!
Pretty simple and healthy!
Serving: 1 mousse
Total Fat: 14.0g